Sunday 2 March 2014

Style Event - PEBBLE SHOP LAUNCH

The PEBBLE SHOP launch party was on 28th February. The quirky, bright store is at 198, Rosemount Place and aptly describes itself as a store for gifts, arts and pretty things, of which there was no short supply.

Everything in store is hand made with majority of the items made or sourced from Aberdeen and environs.


The entrance. Warm and welcoming with all sorts of interesting little vintage knick knacks.



Here's Lorraine, Pebble's owner. She's carrying the bag which was my favourite of the gorgeous display from TWEEDIE BAGS. Tweedie is based in Inverness but with online shopping available on Etsy and their website.

Lorraine's daughter Jilly, being the capable captain of the till. She owns a jewelry making business called BOTTLED TREASURES which I've featured before in the Candy Belle Vintiques post. I left with one of her "Glitter Drops" neck pieces. Love it Jilly :)

And here's Amy, another lovely daughter of Lorraine. Full of hearty smiles through the evening and she circulated the store like a perfect hostess. Her full style will be on the blog soon. Watch this space :)


If you follow Aberdeen Street Style (I refuse to use an acronym...for obvious reasons) on Instagram, you would have seen the style post on Jade. Not only does she have this effortless cool about her, she is also rather creative. Some of her hand-made  items were on display at Pebble. Check out her work at GINGER PICKLE

The scene wasn't female dominated. The boys and the men stopped by too :)



Hand made chocolates. 






A closer photo of my fav TWEEDIE bag. 


Hello! I am a hug...with that intro, who wouldn't want one? :)


I guess when you live in Aberdeen, you need a moment to think on this...


More pretty things



And even more...these were made by ALABASTER BOX 


It's just a wee thing of beauty. No further narrative needed.



This was my favourite item in the entire store, the retro phone. I asked Jilly if it was just for display or if it actually worked. She gave me the store's number and I rang it with my very modern iPhone. Well it rang! Very loud and very clear. With my iPhone forgotten, I squealed in excitement and stared in awe for perhaps a little too long.   
May be a case of misplaced thrill, but in the end I can honestly say, even if yes Steve Jobs did an amazing job with all these new age Apple contraptions, I was reminded that Alexander Graham Bell invented the phone so that people could just talk. With a phone like this, talk and listen will be all you can do...and that for me, is the very business! 

Visit Pebble. They're open to the public from 1st March 2014.

Love and lots of it :)

13 comments:

  1. This was a fantastic post thank you very much for the mention :) You have a really good writing style that's something I struggle with when writing posts!

    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade :)

      Not sure you really struggle with writing. Your blog says different!

      Delete
  2. Love this. Rosemount seems to have all the lovely stores. I live out in Elgin. Might have to come round Aberrden soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. Rosemount is like a long line of gems. You could bleed your wallet grabbing all the pretty things.

      But yeah, come for a day out of Elgin and enjoy it :)

      Delete
  3. Really pretty store. I will check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is interesting and makes me want to go in but this does not look like a launch party. It is a little mellow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mellow yes but no less fun. Trust me a good time was had.

      Do pop in. You'll be glad for it.

      Delete
  5. Glad you liked the shop! I'll be sharing the 'How To' vintage phone upcycle post over on my blog soon :)

    Jilly x

    http://jillytait.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too many treasures here. Must go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant post! And the telephone is definitely amazing. Can't wait to have another pop into the shop!
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren. Honestly it's ridiculous how much joy I got from that phone.

      Checking out your blog now :)

      Delete